Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sunrise After the Eclipse

  So I finally had time to look back at the lunar eclipse pictures I took and realized that there were some pretty ridiculous ones I hadn't seen while rushing through them to put out a post.  After the moon set, I had a beautiful sunrise that began to light up the mountains.  With the power of my new telescope, I was able to drastically compress the distances and create an almost "tilt-shift" feeling to the scenery.  I didn't actually do much editing to get these images.

   The first and second flatiron above Boulder, Colorado.  Behind the rocky slabs the snow covered mountains of Indian Peaks and the Great Divide stand large.  

 14,259 foot tall Longs Peak glows orange with the morning sun on a crisp morning in December.

   The Boulder power plant and Colorado Front Range.

   Houses in the foothills of Boulder hunker down on a chilly morning below the massive form of Longs Peak.

   The Colorado Front Range north of Boulder, CO

  The Flatirons of Boulder, CO

No comments: