Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Comet Panstarrs - Updated 3/15


  I'm much happier with the footage from my second attempt on the 14th.  


  Although the haze that had hung over Boulder all of Wednesday finally began to burn away by the end of the day, some serious wave clouds built above the Frontrange and distant divide as sunset approached.  I decided it was only a short drive to a good overlook so I headed out to see what I could see.  Finally at 45 minutes after sunset the comet burst from the upper layer of clouds and quickly made its way down to the horizon.  I got a couple of good shots I was able to splice in to this movie, but the view through the binoculars took the cake.  Amazing!
Comet Panstarrs - March 13, 2013 - Through the haze and in to the clouds.
Comet Panstarrs over the Flatirons of Boulder, Colorado - March 13, 2013

No comments: