Monday, October 29, 2012

01 - Arches National Park

Arches National Park
   We awoke in Moab and started the trip off with breakfast at the Love Muffin.  Service was incredibly fast and the food was delicious.  Highly recommended.  Then, after a swing by the consignment shop for Halloween ideas, we took the quick drive North to Arches National Park.
Driving around Arches National Park

  Arches really was amazing, and I'm not quite sure if this was my first time there.  I vaguely remember driving through the area in our giant van when I was young, but what I REALLY remember was playing hacky sack and surfing on my Uncle's battery guzzling Lynx...
Approaching Double Arch
  We eased in to the trip by pretty much staying in the car the whole day as we soaked up the late afternoon sunshine on one of the prettiest roads in America.   One stop we did make was at the short hike out to Double Arch.
Beneath Double Arch
From Under Double Arch
   I was really intent on practicing with the telephoto, but with exception of these couple pictures, it pretty much stayed confined to the camera bag until our last day in Zion.  I love this lens.  Thanks Kurt!
Arches National Park
Delicate Arch
  Our last stop was at the famous Delicate Arch.  The rangers should call the exterminator.  Their land is covered with ants...

No comments: